Sunday, December 14, 2008

The Pinholes!



I woke up one morning with a tune in my head. It caught my ear when I watched my bf's trilogy of short films (which you can read about here). The song is "Shake & Bake", by Singaporean band The Pinholes, and it soundtracked one of the scenes. I haven't had the chance to catch them live yet, but this is definitely on my to-do list, because I've heard they are a great hardworking band and good musicians. Says Timeout Singapore: "This five-piece local unit doesn’t quite fit in with its contemporaries, opting for a funky and psychedelic sound instead of the typical indie tone of most young Singapore bands." This is an acoustic version of "Shake & Bake", and as a bonus treat, a cover of P. Ramlee's Bunyi Gitar! With its modern touches, I think it's an awesome cover.

Shake & Bake (acoustic version) - The Pinholes
Bunyi Gitar - The Pinholes

The Pinholes on Myspace, here.
Bunyi Gitar the original, by P Ramlee, on youtube here.

0 comments:

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : background image by Patrick Hennessey